At the invitation of our school, professor Petroc Sumner, dean of the School of Psychology, Cardiff University in the UK, visited our school and gave a talk on March 1st. The lecture is titled as "What do Psychopaths, Climate Change and Eye-movements Have in Common". At the start of the lecture, professor Sumner introduced the beautiful and quaint campus of Cardiff...
- Professor Matthew S. Bedke Talk on “Naturalism and Normative Cognition”
- Professor Yue Xiaodong Gave a Lecture on “How to Write an English Thesis”
- Dr. Scott Shalkowski Talk on “No Cheating Allowed”
- Lecture on “Scepticism in Early Modern Times” Given by Prof. Sébastien Charles
- Lecture on “Normal or Abnormal? The Pathologies and Symptoms in Children” Given by Prof. Claude Schauder
- Lecture on Indian Nyāya Philosophy Given by Prof. Dipti Tripathi
- "Authority and Utility in Spinoza- From Epicureanism to Neoliberalism"-lecture given by Dimitris Vardoulakis, and meeting with students and faculty members
- June 11 and 13 James p. Sterba’s Lectures on Morality and God
- June 11-Development of American Psychological Counseling and Certification of Professionals
9MARMarch 14 Dr Ian Leask Talk: Dialogical Difficulty: Re-Reading Plato’s Meno Dialogical Difficulty: Re-Reading Plato’s Meno对话困难：重读柏拉图的《美诺》Dr Ian LeaskWHU Philosophy Spring Seminar SeriesAbstractPlato’s Meno – in which an uneducated slave apparently demonstrates innate geometrical understanding – is often assumed to provide a paradigmatic example of what philosophical dialogue might achieve. This paper considers, instead, whether the assumption of clea...
15FEBFebruary 21 Matthew S. Bedke Talk: Naturalism and Normative Cognition 自然主义和规范认知Matthew S. BedkeWHU Philosophy Spring Seminar SeriesThursday 21 February, 2019时间：2019年2月21日 下午15:00-17:00地点：哲学学院振华楼 B214The lecture is given in English AbstractNormative cognition seems rather important, even ineliminable. Communities that lack normative concepts like SHOULD, IS A REASON TO, JUSTIFIES, etc. seem cognitively handicapped and communicatively m...
9NOVNovember 16 Dr. Scott Shalkowski Talk“No Cheating Allowed” No Cheating Allowed宗教哲学中的论证公平Dr. Scott ShalkowskiUniversity of Leeds (the U.K.)WHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesFriday 16 November 2018时间：2018年11月16日 下午14:30-16:00地点：振华楼哲学学院B214报告厅AbstractBeginning with “The Standard Game” of philosophy of religion, I isolate some ways in which that game is structured unfairly, permitting rhetorical and intellectual cheating by...
3NOVNovember 9 Jean-Michel DE WAELE Talk: Strengths and Weaknesses of the Radical Left in Europe Today Strengths and Weaknesses of the Radical Left in Europe Today当代欧洲激进左派的力量与困难Professor Jean-Michel DE WAELEUniversité Libre de Bruxelles（Belgium)WHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesFriday 9 November 2018时间：2018年11月9日 上午9:30-11:30地点：哲学学院振华楼 B214AbstractThe radical left has had significant electoral successes in the last elections in some European countries. Our presen...
30OCTNovember 1 Claude Schauder Talk: Normal or Abnormal? The Pathologies and Symptoms in Children 正常、病态以及孩子的症状Claude SchauderWHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesThursday 1 November 2018时间：2018年11月1日 晚上19:00-21:00地点：哲学学院振华楼 B107The lecture is given in French (with French to Chinese interpreter)AbstractThe 1900s marked a true conceptual revolution, thanks largely to the Freudian discovery of infantile sexuality. The child is then conceived only as a savage to civil...
20OCTOctober 26 Sébastien Charles Talk:“Scepticism in Early Modern Times” “Scepticism in Early Modern Times”近代早期的怀疑论Professor Sébastien CharlesUniversité du Quebec à Trois-Rivières (Canada)WHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesFriday 26 October 2018时间：2018年10月26日 下午16:30-18:00地点：哲学学院振华楼214AbstractDefining modern scepticism is in itself a challenge. In fact, there is no specific form of scepticism in Modern Times, but different scepticisms, whi...
- 01 2018-2019 WHU Calendar
- 02 (2018) Contemporary Issues in Political Philosophy Summer School
- 03 May 30-Wuhan University Epistemology and Meta-Ethics Workshop 武汉大学认识论和元伦理学国际工作坊
- 04 Wuhan University International MA Program in Philosophy
- 05 WHU Philosophy Seminar Series 2019 Spring Semester
- 06 2019 Spring English Taught Course Schedule
- 07 WHU Philosophy Seminar Series 2018 Fall Semester
- 08 Contemporary Philosophical Issues-MA Independent Studies Seminar 2018 Fall Semester