On the evening of September 26, Prof. Dipti Tripathi, former Dean in the Sanskrit Department of University of Delhi, gave a lecture about the Indian Nyāya Philosophy. This was the third time Prof.Tripathi has been invited to visit Wuhan University, according to Cao Yan, associate professor of the Department of Religious Studies. Prof. Dipti Tripathi shared the topic of Veda and Yoga with stud...
- "Authority and Utility in Spinoza- From Epicureanism to Neoliberalism"-lecture given by Dimitris Vardoulakis, and meeting with students and faculty members
- June 11 and 13 James p. Sterba’s Lectures on Morality and God
- June 11-Development of American Psychological Counseling and Certification of Professionals
- June 8-"Human nature and culture"-lecture given by Roy F. Baumeister
- May 24-Wuhan University Epistemology and Meta-Ethics Workshop
- May 24- Bryan Van Norden -Do We Have to Tolerate the Intolerant?
- May 4- Chan & Zen & Seon：The Formation of Chan Buddhism and Its Spread in the World
- Darrell Rowbotoom's Talk on Scientific Progress and The Value of Science
- Bradly Monton's Talk on Atheism and Thermodynamics
15OCTOctober 18 Renee Bolinger Talk: Objective Rights and Epistemic Risks-Beyond Subjective Permissions “Objective Rights and Epistemic Risks: Beyond Subjective Permissions”客观权利和认识风险：超越主观许可Renee BolingerWHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesThursday 18 October 2018时间：2018年10月18日 下午15:00-17:00地点：哲学学院振华楼214AbstractThis paper argues that our understanding of objective rights must be sensitive to agents’ epistemic limitations. On one popular understanding (which the a...
9OCTOctober 11 Abelard Podgorski Talk: Partiality, Identity, and Procreation “Partiality, Identity, and Procreation”偏袒，身份和生育Assistant Professor Abelard PodgorskiWHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesThursday 11 October 2018时间：2018年10月11日 下午15:00-17:00地点：哲学学院振华楼214AbstractAccording to commonsense morality, while we have reason to be concerned about the effects of our actions on anyone’s welfare, we have special reason to be concerned with the eff...
26JUNEJune 28 Charles Barbour “The Young Republican: Marx’s Political Writings of 1842-43” “The Young Republican: Marx’s Political Writings of 1842-43” 青年共和党：马克思1842-43年的政治学作品Professor Charles BarbourWHU Philosophy Spring Seminar SeriesThursday 28 June 2018 时间：2018年6月28日 下午4-5：15 ...
4JUNEJune 7 Lecture “Offending White Men: Racial Vilification, Misrecognition and Epistemic Injustice”种族诋毁：错误识别和认识上的非正义 “Offending White Men: Racial Vilification, Misrecognition and Epistemic Injustice”种族诋毁：错误识别和认识上的非正义Professor Louise Richardson-SelfWHU Philosophy Spring Seminar SeriesThursday 7 June 2018/ 6月7日周四下午2：30 哲学院B214 Abstract In this presentation I analyze two complaints of white vilification, which are increasingly occurring in Australia. I argue that, though the complai...
- 01 2018-2019 WHU Calendar
- 02 (2018) Contemporary Issues in Political Philosophy Summer School
- 03 May 30-Wuhan University Epistemology and Meta-Ethics Workshop 武汉大学认识论和元伦理学国际工作坊
- 04 WHU Philosophy Seminar Series 2018 Fall Semester
- 05 Contemporary Philosophical Issues-MA Independent Studies Seminar 2018 Fall Semester
- 06 2018 Fall English Taught Course Schedule
- 07 2018 Arizona-Wuhan Contemporary Political Philosophy Summer School Schedule and Reading
- 08 Pluralism Philosophy Seminar Series 2018 Spring Semester