James p. Sterba’s Lectures on Morality and GodOn June 11 and June 13, 2018, James p. Sterba, philosophy professor from university of Notre Dame, gave two lectures at B214, Zhenhua Building.At 3:00 p.m. on June 11, professor James gave the first academic lecture entitled From Rationality to Equality. Professor James proceeded from a conception of rationality as...
- June 11-Development of American Psychological Counseling and Certification of Professionals
- June 8-"Human nature and culture"-lecture given by Roy F. Baumeister
- May 24-Wuhan University Epistemology and Meta-Ethics Workshop
- May 24- Bryan Van Norden -Do We Have to Tolerate the Intolerant?
- May 4- Chan & Zen & Seon：The Formation of Chan Buddhism and Its Spread in the World
- Darrell Rowbotoom's Talk on Scientific Progress and The Value of Science
- Bradly Monton's Talk on Atheism and Thermodynamics
- Progress of Chinese Philosophy through Comparison： The 2nd Annual Comparative Philosophy Conference was held at the School of Philosophy at Wuhan University
- The 10th National Conference on Analytic Philosophy
4JUNEJune 7 Lecture “Offending White Men: Racial Vilification, Misrecognition and Epistemic Injustice”种族诋毁：错误识别和认识上的非正义 “Offending White Men: Racial Vilification, Misrecognition and Epistemic Injustice”种族诋毁：错误识别和认识上的非正义Professor Louise Richardson-SelfWHU Philosophy Spring Seminar SeriesThursday 7 June 2018/ 6月7日周四下午2：30 哲学院B214 Abstract In this presentation I analyze two complaints of white vilification, which are increasingly occurring in Australia. I argue that, though the complai...
31MAYJune 13 Lecture: Is a Good God Logically Possible? 至善的上帝逻辑上可能吗？ Lecture: “Is a Good God Logically Possible?” 至善的上帝逻辑上可能吗 主讲人：James P. Sterba (美国圣母大学哲学系教授) Philosophy Professor, University of Notre Dame, USLocation: Room, B214, School of Philosophy, 振华楼B214Time: June 13 (Wed), 3:00pm-5:00pm 6月13日 Summary: In philosophy today, most atheists and theists agree that the existence of an all good, all powerful God is lo...
31MAYJune 11 Lecture: “From Rationality to Equality” 从理性到平等 Lecture: “From Rationality to Equality” 从理性到平等 主讲人：James P. Sterba (美国圣母大学哲学系教授) Philosophy Professor, University of Notre Dame, USLocation: Room, B214, School of Philosophy, 振华楼B214Time: June 11 (Mon), 3:00pm-5:00pm 6月11日 Summary: People often ask “Why be Moral?” and “What does Morality Require?” In this talk, I argue that rationality requires morality...
26MAYMay 31-Democracy: Friendship in the Company of Strangers?” 民主：陌生人之间的友谊？ “Democracy: Friendship in the Company of Strangers?”民主：陌生人之间的友谊？Dr Quinlan BowmanWHU Philosophy Spring Seminar SeriesThursday 31 May 20185月31日周四下午2：30， B 301 Abstract Democracy is typically premised on the values of treating persons as “free” and “equal.” And friendship is a relationship that shows us how we treat one another when we try to instantiate these values in ...
21MAYJune 1 Steve Finlay and Matt Lutz-ANALYTIC NATURALISM AND THE END-RELATIONAL THEORY: A LECTURE ON METAETHICS 分析性的自然主义和目的-关系性理论 ANALYTIC NATURALISM AND THE END-RELATIONAL THEORY: A LECTURE ON METAETHICS分析性的自然主义和目的-关系性理论 by Steve Finlay (University of Southern California) and Matt Lutz (Wuhan University) Friday, June 1, from 2-4:30 in B2146月1日，周五，2：00-4：30，哲学学院B214 Analytic Naturalism is an important view in contemporary moral theory. In many ways, the discipline known as “metaethics” was f...
21MAYMay 24 Bryan Van Norden -Do We Have to Tolerate the Intolerant?【我们必须去宽容那些不宽容的吗？】 “Do We Have to Tolerate the Intolerant?”【我们必须去宽容那些不宽容的吗？】Professor Bryan Van NordenWHU Philosophy Spring Seminar SeriesThursday 24 May 2018【周四下午2：30，5月24日，哲学院B214】 AbstractFreedom of expression is one of the most highly prized rights in modern pluralistic liberal democracies. But why is free speech important, and are there ever contexts in which it should be r...
- 01 (2018) Contemporary Issues in Political Philosophy Summer School
- 02 May 30-Wuhan University Epistemology and Meta-Ethics Workshop 武汉大学认识论和元伦理学国际工作坊
- 03 Pluralism Philosophy Seminar Series 2018 Spring Semester
- 04 2018 Spring English Taught Course Schedule
- 05 2018 Wuhan University International MA Program in Philosophy
- 06 2017-2018 Teaching Calendar
- 07 2017 Fall English Taught Course Schedule
- 08 Schedule -- 2017 Arizona-Wuhan Contemporary Political Philosophy Summer School