On 10th of December in 2018, professor Yue Xiaodong who came from City University of Hong Kong paid a visit to the School of Philosophy of Wuhan University and gave a lecture on ‘How to Write an English Thesis’. About 50 students and faculty members from Department of Psychology attended this lecture.Professor Yue not only talked about how to write an English article but also gave some practi...
- Dr. Scott Shalkowski Talk on “No Cheating Allowed”
- Lecture on “Scepticism in Early Modern Times” Given by Prof. Sébastien Charles
- Lecture on “Normal or Abnormal? The Pathologies and Symptoms in Children” Given by Prof. Claude Schauder
- Lecture on Indian Nyāya Philosophy Given by Prof. Dipti Tripathi
- "Authority and Utility in Spinoza- From Epicureanism to Neoliberalism"-lecture given by Dimitris Vardoulakis, and meeting with students and faculty members
- June 11 and 13 James p. Sterba’s Lectures on Morality and God
- June 11-Development of American Psychological Counseling and Certification of Professionals
- June 8-"Human nature and culture"-lecture given by Roy F. Baumeister
- May 24-Wuhan University Epistemology and Meta-Ethics Workshop
9NOVNovember 16 Dr. Scott Shalkowski Talk“No Cheating Allowed” No Cheating Allowed宗教哲学中的论证公平Dr. Scott ShalkowskiUniversity of Leeds (the U.K.)WHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesFriday 16 November 2018时间：2018年11月16日 下午14:30-16:00地点：振华楼哲学学院B214报告厅AbstractBeginning with “The Standard Game” of philosophy of religion, I isolate some ways in which that game is structured unfairly, permitting rhetorical and intellectual cheating by...
3NOVNovember 9 Jean-Michel DE WAELE Talk: Strengths and Weaknesses of the Radical Left in Europe Today Strengths and Weaknesses of the Radical Left in Europe Today当代欧洲激进左派的力量与困难Professor Jean-Michel DE WAELEUniversité Libre de Bruxelles（Belgium)WHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesFriday 9 November 2018时间：2018年11月9日 上午9:30-11:30地点：哲学学院振华楼 B214AbstractThe radical left has had significant electoral successes in the last elections in some European countries. Our presen...
30OCTNovember 1 Claude Schauder Talk: Normal or Abnormal? The Pathologies and Symptoms in Children 正常、病态以及孩子的症状Claude SchauderWHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesThursday 1 November 2018时间：2018年11月1日 晚上19:00-21:00地点：哲学学院振华楼 B107The lecture is given in French (with French to Chinese interpreter)AbstractThe 1900s marked a true conceptual revolution, thanks largely to the Freudian discovery of infantile sexuality. The child is then conceived only as a savage to civil...
20OCTOctober 26 Sébastien Charles Talk:“Scepticism in Early Modern Times” “Scepticism in Early Modern Times”近代早期的怀疑论Professor Sébastien CharlesUniversité du Quebec à Trois-Rivières (Canada)WHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesFriday 26 October 2018时间：2018年10月26日 下午16:30-18:00地点：哲学学院振华楼214AbstractDefining modern scepticism is in itself a challenge. In fact, there is no specific form of scepticism in Modern Times, but different scepticisms, whi...
15OCTOctober 18 Renee Bolinger Talk: Objective Rights and Epistemic Risks-Beyond Subjective Permissions “Objective Rights and Epistemic Risks: Beyond Subjective Permissions”客观权利和认识风险：超越主观许可Renee BolingerWHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesThursday 18 October 2018时间：2018年10月18日 下午15:00-17:00地点：哲学学院振华楼214AbstractThis paper argues that our understanding of objective rights must be sensitive to agents’ epistemic limitations. On one popular understanding (which the a...
9OCTOctober 11 Abelard Podgorski Talk: Partiality, Identity, and Procreation “Partiality, Identity, and Procreation”偏袒，身份和生育Assistant Professor Abelard PodgorskiWHU Philosophy Fall Seminar SeriesThursday 11 October 2018时间：2018年10月11日 下午15:00-17:00地点：哲学学院振华楼214AbstractAccording to commonsense morality, while we have reason to be concerned about the effects of our actions on anyone’s welfare, we have special reason to be concerned with the eff...
- 01 2018-2019 WHU Calendar
- 02 (2018) Contemporary Issues in Political Philosophy Summer School
- 03 May 30-Wuhan University Epistemology and Meta-Ethics Workshop 武汉大学认识论和元伦理学国际工作坊
- 04 2019 Spring English Taught Course Schedule
- 05 WHU Philosophy Seminar Series 2018 Fall Semester
- 06 Contemporary Philosophical Issues-MA Independent Studies Seminar 2018 Fall Semester
- 07 2018 Fall English Taught Course Schedule
- 08 2018 Arizona-Wuhan Contemporary Political Philosophy Summer School Schedule and Reading